Certification

rh1
Occasional Contributor

BCNP certification

Hi

I would like to be Brocade certified as I started work with Brocade equipment. I'm already CCIE certified and I would like to pass Professional path (BCNP, BCFP). Can I go directly to eg. BCNP exam without passing BCNE ?

Super Contributor

Re: BCNP certification

Yes, you can. You may want to start by looking at this page: http://www.brocade.com/education/CNE_250.page and get a free attempt at the BCNE exam, so you a feel for the Brocade CLI and our implementation of the protocols. If you do well there, then BCNP would be a great next step. Or, as I first stated, you could jump right to BCNP. Good luck with whatever path you choose.

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification
rh1
Occasional Contributor

Joe,

thanks for information. To be sure in 100% I'm understand that same is for Fabric path eg. I can go directly to BCFP exam.

I feel strong as I'm working since 9 months (+15 years of my total IP/SAN carrer) with a lot of Brocade Ethernet Switches/Routers + SAN equipment so my idea is to save some money and time and omit first level of certification.

Super Contributor

You can go directly to BCFP as well, yes. You may take any exam at any time, but we recommend you have some experience or training first, so you don't get setup for failure. Our free exam study gudes are at the bottom of the Certification web page.

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.