Certification

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

BCNE questions

Hello all,

I am trying to find the structure of the BCNE exam but I have yet to find something clear. Is it full of multiple choice questions? Are there any practical scanarios (troubleshooting, design implementation) to solve in CLI? Other type of questions?

Also I enrolled for the courses and got a promotion code for the exam from Brocade website. Why are there so many posts and ads for the free fabric professional exam and none (?) for BCNE? I would like to confirm if the same offer is available for both BCNE, and BCFP.

Thank you in advance,

Ioannis

Super Contributor

Re: BCNE questions

Exam details may be found here: http://www.brocade.com/education/certification-accreditation/certified-network-engineer/index.page

The exam is all multiple choice questions, some with scenarios. All of the objectives and topics can be found at the link I provided. The BCEFP promotion is the big one right now. We have a promotion for Cisco certified professionals who may take the free CNE 250 course. Once you have enrolled you may email me at jcannata@brocade.com for the code to get the BCNE exam for free through June 30th.

This page has other exam details: http://www.brocade.com/education/certification-accreditation/exam-information/index.page

Joe Cannata
Sr. Manager of Certification
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply. Actually I followed the instructions form this page:

http://www.brocade.com/partnerships/certification/bcne-track.page

Where it mentions:

For a limited time, the CNE 250 course is FREE for our Brocade APN partners!

• First, sign in to your my.brocade.com account. If you don’t have one, you will need to create one.
  • Then request your CNE 250 FREE registration here! You will receive an email with your registration confirmation.

At the completion of CNE 250 you will receive your FREE BCNE certification promo code, valid for taking the BCNE Certification exam only.

I also got a promotion code. Can I send it to your email maybe for confirmation. Do I need another code as well?

Ioannis

Super Contributor

You are all set; good luck. You can email me any time, and sure, send it if you want and I will validate it.

Joe Cannata
Occasional Contributor

Many thanks Joe. I will try it during the exam booking and if there is any problem I will contact you. Cheers.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well it's me again. I am just a step before booking the exam (and charge or promo code) but I haven't provided at pearson a Brocade ID. At the top right of the screen I see:

Signed In asIoannis *******
Brocade IDID Pending

Do I have to create an ID first? Is it maybe the email ID I use for this site. Should I update my vue record first with whatever the ID is before booking the exam?

Thank you in advance.

edit: Also, are the certificates only electronic? I found this:

"The welcome email will contain information about accessing the certification database and getting your logo and certificate. A certificate will be available for each credential achieved. We do not number our certificates, but there is a verification code and URL on each."
Super Contributor

If you are taking a Brocade exam for the first time, Pearson VUE will assign the BRCD ID. If you check back in that profile after a day or two, you will see the BRCD ID. They handle the assignment of those.

As for certificates, yes, we offer PDF-only versions, with validation numbers on them. When you pass your exam, you'll get an automatic email directing you to login into CertMetrics, our tracking system, to retrieve your certificate and logo.

Joe Cannata
Occasional Contributor

Yes it is the first time. I will book the exam then and wait. Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the explanition it's very helpful ..

and thanks Ioannis for asking this question ..

i just book my exam for next Monday 

which me luck Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

hi gentlemans,

i have passed the exam last Monday and i have recieved my electrical Certificatino.

i was wondering if Brocade send a HardCopy of the Certification to us or not ? 

thanks

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.