Brocade University

New BCNE & BCNP Training and Exams

by on ‎05-07-2013 07:38 AM (3,091 Views)

Why update the courses and the exams?

Technology changes, so to keep you informed of the latest Brocade IP technology, and to validate those skills, we updated our training and exams.

How do I access the new courses and exam study materials?

The course and exam study content may have changed, but the access methods are the same. You still find then using your MyBrocade login.

What is new in the updated version of CNE 200?

Modules were added on Brocade hardware, and multicast. New content includes link and monitoring protocols (LLDP, UDLD, FDP and RFN), a PoE and MCT overview, ACLs, PBR and QoS overviews. The rest of the content includes any new Brocade features, but is basically the same. Some modules have been shifted into self-study. The labs are now cookbook style.

What is new in the updated version of CNP 300?

We added a module on QoS, and created WBT modules on PoE, IS-IS, and Brocade hardware. The rest of the content is basically the same.

How do I access the new courses and exam study materials?

The course and exam study content may have changed, but the access methods are the same. You still find the courses using your MyBrocade login and going to the "my education" tab.

Who should take the new CNE 200 and CNP 300 courses?

The answer depends on whether you have taken prior versions of either course. If you have been to the courses already, then you would not need to take them again. If you have taken the classes and the exam, and wish to re-certify, then you could use the Nutshell exam study guide to help you bridge the differences. If you are thinking about getting BCNE or BCNP certified for the first time, then you definitely would need to take these classes to give you the knowledge and skills required. Should you have a background in Cisco products, then the CNE 250 class would be a better option.

Is the new CNE 200 a prerequisite for taking the new BCNE exam (#150-130)?

It is not a requirement to take the new CNE 200 to prepare for the Brocade Certified Network Engineer exam, but this offers you the strongest preparation. We also recommend you complete the updated CNE 101 Knowledge Assessment (practice exam) and use the updated BCNE in a Nutshell exam study guide. If you took the prior version of CNE 200, and wish to take the newest BCNE exam, we recommend you use the Nutshell exam study guide.

Is CNP 300 a prerequisite for taking the new BCNP exam (#150-230)?

It is not a requirement to take CNP 300 to prepare for the Brocade Certified Network Professional exam, but this offers you the strongest preparation. We also recommend you complete the updated CNP 101 Knowledge Assessment (practice exam) and use the updated BCNP in a Nutshell exam study guide. If you took the prior version of CNP 300, and wish to take the newest BCNP exam, we recommend you use the Nutshell exam study guide.

Do I need to re-certify on BCNE & BCNP?

No, you do not. Our policy is that our certifications do not expire. However, if you wish to maintain and validate your skill set, we recommend you take the latest version of the certification exams. 

Whom do I contact for questions?

For questions about courses or enrollment, contact education@brocade.com

For certification questions contact certification@brocade.com