Brocade University

Joe.Cannata

Free NFV Certification Offer

by ‎06-10-2014 11:59 AM - edited ‎06-28-2014 06:45 AM (9,303 Views)

I am not here to sell you on the concept of NFV, SDN or explain the virtues of these new technologies. You can read all about that here, or visit our Network Facts webpage if you really want to learn more about the future of networking. You can debunk some of the SDN myths by reading this article. I work for Brocade University, the education and certification part of Brocade, and I run the Brocade Certification Program.

bro_edu1_cert_rgb.gif

NFV Certification Promotion

In support of this new technology, we want to introduce you to NFV. We have a promotion to help you experience NFV with hands-on time, to get certified on our virtual routers, and get a jump on your industry peers in being certified on cutting-edge concepts. Click here to get started with this promotion.

Brocade University is pleased to announce the new SDN BCVRE bundle of self-paced, eLearning courses.  These courses are designed for network professionals with field experience who wish to take the Brocade Certified vRouter Engineer (BCVRE) exam (170-010).

bro_edu3_cert_vRouter_eng_rgb.gif 

The classes cover all of the topics related to installing configuring and troubleshooting a Brocade Vyatta vRouter. The bundle aims to bridge the technology gap for those who are certified in Ethernet concepts and help them become familiar with the Brocade NFV solution, and to get Brocade NFV Certified.  

The BCVRE bundle will be offered free of charge and includes a promotional code which allows the student to take the BCVRE exam one time at no cost

Watch a short video and then discover what NFV is about using Brocade Vyatta vRouter technology.

Vyatta_vRouter_icon.png

When ready, access this document containing supplemental exam study materials, to help you get certified.

GOODBYE SKILLS GAP.

HELLO NFV-CERTIFIED.

Comments
by yotis on ‎06-15-2014 01:00 PM
Hello, I'm having some troubles understanding what's free exactly :smileyhappy: Also the "short video" link shows private video and the document links complains that I have not enough privileged to read it... Thanks, Calin
by on ‎06-15-2014 02:18 PM

I have fixed the video link. AN updated version of the video was created, and the opening screen is what is different. Please go to this link and you should be set, and all questions answered about the free BCVRE training and exam.

by jrspetch ‎06-16-2014 05:35 PM - edited ‎06-16-2014 05:40 PM

Despite being signed in, I too get that error. I am, however, able to view the video and managed to download the iso and get signed onto the course.

Screenshot of the course - http://imgur.com/xmDo04a

Screenshot of the video - http://imgur.com/1LN69Yk

Screenshot of the error - http://imgur.com/BOc1QKS

by gennadiy.shutikov on ‎06-25-2014 01:24 AM

I'm too get error while trying to access  document containing supplemental exam study materials. Maybe this link should be  https://community.brocade.com/t5/Certification/Brocade-Certified-vRouter-Engineer-Exam-Information/t...

by on ‎06-25-2014 03:00 AM
by thulasi39 on ‎06-25-2014 06:15 AM

Hi,

I am getting Access Denied error for Document page.

And How we will get the Promotional code?

by on ‎06-25-2014 06:19 AM

Try it now. The document was in edit mode. My mistake, I am sorry. You still need to register for the training to get the promo code for the exam.

by thulasi39 on ‎06-25-2014 07:27 AM

Thanks Joe. Very quick reply.

I already registered for the training and it's in progress (means I started to learn the module).

So Do i need to complete the training to get Promotional code?

by on ‎06-25-2014 07:31 AM

Look in the introductory module. It would be a PDF attached to the course. If you don't see it, email me directly at jcannata@brocade.com. You don't need to complete the training to get the code, but you should complete the training to prepare for the exam.

by thulasi39 on ‎06-25-2014 07:44 AM

Thanks Joe. That's Awesome :smileyhappy:

by dionaea on ‎06-25-2014 02:07 PM

Hi,

Could you tell me if we can receive any hard-copy certificates when we do Brocade exams? I scheduled BCVFP and BCVRE exams already, if I pass will I receive any hard copies of my certificates?

by on ‎06-25-2014 03:07 PM

Our FAQs on the certification page on Brocade.com state we only issue PDFs. We stopped hard copies in 2009, but goo dluck on future exams.

by dionaea on ‎06-25-2014 03:42 PM

Please tell me how PDF certificates can be used on your resume and in a job interview? How do you prove you have the cert etc? Do you have to print it out?

by on ‎06-25-2014 04:15 PM

The PDFs do have your name, but our system does even better than that. We have a feature called a transcript, which means you may login, create a transcript, and insert the email address of a recipient. They get an official list of all of your certifications and dates.

by dionaea on ‎06-26-2014 11:19 AM

Thank you so much for the info.

by abroadus1@gmail.com on ‎06-26-2014 10:14 PM

I am getting the access denied error despite adjusting cookies ect. 

by raghava.rao on ‎06-27-2014 07:26 AM

it says 'Access Denied' for me as well.

by on ‎06-27-2014 08:08 AM

What is being denied? I can't help without more specific information. I want to get you set, but I need more so I can investigate.

by on ‎06-28-2014 02:50 AM

Thanks Joe for the free exam and free training - nice to not have to pay for every cert.  I watched the videos then read the nutsheel, booked the exam and passed.

by bregan on ‎06-28-2014 05:37 AM

Hi,

I am to getting the access denied when going to the documents page.

http://community.brocade.com/t5/tkb/articleeditorpage/tkb-id/Certification/message-uid/3899

Thanks,

Brendan

by Community Manager on ‎07-01-2014 09:21 AM
by kamalarajan on ‎07-04-2014 11:10 AM

SDN 421-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Firewall Basics

SDN 511-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Management and Logging

are not available in WBT

by on ‎07-04-2014 12:07 PM

They are all available as part of the SDN BCVRE bundle course. Look for that. If they are missing from that bundle please email education@brocade.com. Today Brocade is closed, but all will be back on Monday and they can help.

by Arbab Nazar on ‎07-08-2014 11:22 PM

I am not able to download the iso, can you please help me in this regard. Thanks

by on ‎07-09-2014 02:31 AM

The download is blocked for some countries due to local laws. You still may participate in the promotion, and with the training and study guide, you should be able to pass the exam, as others have before you. I am sorry the download is not available; that is out of our control.

by rahul.sollapure@nttdata.com on ‎07-14-2014 11:59 AM

Hi,

How can I get promotional code and appear for the exam ?

Thanks.

Rahul

by ‎07-14-2014 12:03 PM - edited ‎07-14-2014 12:03 PM

Rahuk,

You must enroll for the trianing first, and the informatioin is in the introductory module.

http://community.brocade.com/t5/Certification/ct-p/educertification

by inquisitiveman2002 on ‎07-29-2014 08:27 AM

I just launched the SDN BCVRE Introduction Course and a window pops up, but it is blank. I am using Chrome as my browser. Is this happening to anyone?

by on ‎07-29-2014 08:30 AM

Some of the modules are large, and may take some time to open, depending upon your connection speed. Chrome should work, but try Firefox if possible.

by AndreasK on ‎07-30-2014 04:06 AM

I'd like to know how long the free certification offer (most likely) will be available, since currently I'm a bit short of time to start with it right away.

BR,

Andreas

by on ‎07-30-2014 06:15 AM

The exam may be taken up to 11/15/2014, but you need to enroll for the training now.

by v1nny on ‎08-17-2014 06:45 PM

From what i can gather it's not all free per se.. the below is the list of recommended courses to take for the BCVRE 

but only the 5 are free.. Quoted below showing the 4 which are free. It doesn't show SDN-131-WBT which is also free in the bundle as such.. making about 2.5 hrs free. If you can get away without needing to see/pay for the others & have a chance @ passing the exam then yes it's free.. if not *shrugs*. I'd rather the whole course content was free & i'd pay the $150 for the exam as it works out cheaper but hey that's my thoughts. Still, appreciate the effort but it seems more like a teaser & enticement offer IF the rest of the material is required. Cheers.

This is a list of the self-paced recommended courses (about 6 hours total) you will need to take:

SDN 111-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Software Installation and Licensing = FREE

SDN 121-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Command Line Interface = FREE

SDN 132-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Dynamic Addressing and DNS

SDN 133-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol

SDN 211-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Ethernet and VLAN Configuration = FREE

SDN 321-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Static Routes = FREE

SDN 341-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter OSPF Basics

SDN 411-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Network Address Translation

SDN 421-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Firewall Basics

SDN 511-WBT - Brocade Vyatta vRouter Management and Logging

by Paul Zahradka on ‎09-03-2014 02:32 PM

Hi V1nny, actually all the courses you have listed are indeed free of charge during the promotion. They may display as having a cost associated with them when you see them shown on the website, however when you register for the courses and go to check out, you will see that the cost goes to zero.

All courses that prepare you for the BCVRE are free through November 15th.

If you have any questions, please let me know, thanks!

Paul Zahradka

by muzammil on ‎09-03-2014 10:21 PM

HI,

I have just created my account, i dont know how to select course and how to get code.  please guide me as i'm new one.

Muzammil