Application Delivery (ADX)

New Contributor

content switching policy interferes with POST uploads

Trying to migrate a simple http-balance-set from an old ServerIronGT to an ADX1216, I hit a problem with the csw-policy that inserts the client-ip into the header:

csw-policy "x-forwarded-for"
default forward 1
default rewrite request-insert client-ip "X-Forwarded-For"

The policy is working fine, but once I enable it, I start getting problems with a php-based file upload. Files bigger than 3,6kBytes get truncated. Disabling csw solves the problem, so everyone is pointing at the ADX, but imho it could as well be some strange interaction between the ADX and apache 2.2.22 on ubuntu 12.04. BTW ADX sw is 12.4.

I can even leave out the header insertion and just forward and still get the POST-problem, so its rather a layer7/layer4 issue. Has anyone ever experienced a similiar problem?

best regards

Joachim

Contributor

Re: content switching policy interferes with POST uploads

Yes, I have seen similar issue. I belive issue is gone if you use latest patch such as 12.4.00g

Thanks.

//Kono

New Contributor

thanks for the hint, I am currently on 12.4.00d. Disabling tcp syn-proxy solved the issue, but I still dont know why and of course I would like to re-enable syn-proxy.

regards Joachim

Contributor

Your issue is in fact addressed in 12.4.00f patch. So I recommended 12.4.00g patch. This is the latest as of today. If you contact Brocade tac, they may explain more.

---

Defect ID:  DEFECT000446140

Summary:  ServerIron ADX may not forward a split POST request's packets that are greater than 1434 in size when any Layer 7 CSW request rewrite or insert features with syn-proxy are configured.

---

Thanks.

//Kono

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.