Application Delivery (ADX)

Visitor
Accepted Solution

Will existing sessions to a real server drop when that server begins failing healthcheck?

Will existing sessions to a real server drop when that server begins failing healthcheck?  I've checked the ServerIronXL L4-7 Software Configuration Guide and haven't been able to find the answer.

External Moderator

Re: Will existing sessions to a real server drop when that server begins failing healthcheck?

@J1234567890

whatever is you real name.

to avoid any confusion, I'm not familiarly with ServerIronXL Platforms!!

I looking for similarly Issue, and found another Release Notes what have nothing to do with ServerIronXL but is a similar Platform,

- for ADX Version 12.5.01k - here is a Health Check DEFECT similar you issue.

in few word, is probable the issue caused on you XL, is the same as the DEFECT closed for the ADX.

if this is the same I don't think you can Fixed the problem.

Again, I'm not the big expert with this platform, if I'm wrong then please ignore my answer.

thanks

TechHelp24
Brocade Moderator

Re: Will existing sessions to a real server drop when that server begins failing healthcheck?

Hi,

ServerIron XL have been EOL for many years now so there is no way to confirm an answer to this for sure but I am pretty sure that once a real server fails health checks and then once it is taken out of service any existing sessions to the real server will be dropped and a RST will be sent back to the client

Hope this helps

Mick

If my response has solved your query please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Any and all information provided by me is not reviewed, approved or endorsed by Brocade and is provided solely as a convenience for Brocade customers.

All systems and all networks are different and unique. If you have a service affecting network problem, please open a TAC service request for service through Brocade, or through your OEM equipment provider.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.