Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

Session Sync in SSL Termination Mode with HA

Hi,

Test Scenario 1

Client    ----- HTTP ----> ADX-1000 ---- HTTP ----> Real Servrer

I have configured HA with sym-active and session synchronization for HTTP traffic.

My test scenario is that I download a big file from the real server and  then  I reload the primary SI. The download pauses for 3 - 6 seconds and then resumes again. In other words session synchronization is working in this scenario.

Test Scenario 2

Client    ----- HTTPS ----> ADX-1000 ---- HTTP  ----> Real Servrer

I have configured SSL termination on ADX-1000 with HA (sym-active) and session synchronization for  HTTPS traffic.

My test scenario is that I download a big file from  the real server and  then  I reload the primary SI. The download stops and I have to establish my session again.

I have read in following in HA section of SLB Guide

"NOTE
In high availability configurations, with Brocade hardware based SSL acceleration in either SSL
Termination or SSL Proxy mode, synchronization of proxied or terminated SSL sessions is not
supported."

Does this mean that I cannot have session synchronization for SSL terminated traffic?

Regards,

Owais

Occasional Contributor

Re: Session Sync in SSL Termination Mode with HA

I have checked it with TAC support and they have confirmed that seamless failover with SSL termination in HA is not supported.

Regards,

Owais

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.