Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

ServerIron 4G-SSL: problems to upload keys/certificates using WinSCP

Hi all,

I know I should raise a ticket for this and I am going to do this if I do not get an reply during the next few hours but I thought I should try to get an answer quickly using the community. I have a customer trying to upload key and certs to a ServerIron 4G-SSL but that does not work for some reason. They are asking for the directory structure at the ServerIron. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Super Contributor

Re: ServerIron 4G-SSL: problems to upload keys/certificates using WinSCP

I do not use WinSCP myself but you are asking for a directory structure and it looks like WinSCP is mainly a graphical tool. There is no "visible" directory structure at the ServerIron and WinSCP might require something like that. I do prefer command line based scp tools and you will have to use a syntax like the following to ensure the stuff is getting copied to the correct flash area at the ServerIron:

TO COPY A KEY:

scp myrsakeys.pem <username> @ <ip_addr>:sslkeypair:<name>:<password>Smiley Tongueem

username = username
ip_addr = ServerIron IP
sslkeypair = to tell the SI it is a key

password = Password
name = name of the key at the SI

pem = Format

TO COPY A CERT:

scp mycertfile <username> @ <ip_addr>:sslcert:<name>Smiley Tongueem

username = username
ip_addr = ServerIron IP
sslcert = to tell the SI it is a certificate

name = name of the key at the SI

pem = Format

You might want to use the Web UI of release 11.0 as well which simplifies the management of key and certs a lot.

Contributor

Just tried 11.0 at a lab 4G-SSL and the certificate and key management is indeed a lot simpler than doing it via scp.

Perfect. Thx!

Super Contributor

Yeah - it is a big step forward we have made with release 11.

Have fun.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.