Application Delivery (ADX)

Occasional Contributor

SLB of MySQL-Traffic

Hi there,

in the past, I wanted to change my MySQL-Setup. In the beginning, I used a galera software-loadbalancer. That worked quite nice. But I also hat the choise to migrate the galera cluster to an ADX, hardware loadbalancer. So in this particular chase the choise is very clear Smiley Wink

I created the required ports, reals and vip (only one!). And up to now, nearly 98% of my applications/jobs are working well, using the ADX-Setup.

server port 3306
 tcp

server real mysql01 192.168.1.17
 port default disable                                             
 source-nat
 max-conn 10000
 port 3306

server virtual mysql-vip 192.168.100.20
 predictor weighted-round-robin
 port 3306
 bind 3306 mysql01 3306

The last 2% are not working poperly. And I dont know even why. If I bypass my ADX, accessing the real direclty (e.g. using /etc/hosts) these scripts are working well. So there must be 'small' setting with a huge impact.

Up to now I receive the following error-message:

Synchronisation failed during execution 
org.springframework.transaction.CannotCreateTransactionException: Could not open JDBC Connection for transaction; nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

Are there any timeout-values, I might have to change?

Or maybe, huge transcations (blobs) create this problem, while the adx proceeds them?

It would be realy great, if you could give me a hint, what the problem might be.

Regards

Markus

Occasional Contributor

Re: SLB of MySQL-Traffic

Hi there,

it's me again.A possible solution is to raise the tcp-age from five (standard) to 60 (maximum)

server port 3306
 tcp
 tcp 60

If you know about other possible solutions, please let me know. I'm very interested in.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.