Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Real server hitting max conn 10 all the time

I found the following post talking about real servers hitting their maximum connection setting during the slowstart period:

I do have the same problem from what  it looks like because I am seeing the same log message even if I do not have any max conn setting configured. The real problem is that the real servers do not seem to recover correctly - they are hitting the max conn value of 10 all the time - they do not get above 10 connections. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I have to configure my own slowstart settings to solve this?

Contributor

Re: Real server hitting max conn 10 all the time

It is a pretty simple configuration - doing L4 load balancing only for HTTP and SSL traffic - we are using HTTP and SSL health checks.

I doubt this is important but I thought I should mention it.

Super Contributor

Sounds like the real server port is not leaving the slow-start mode - I do remember a bug fix in that area. What is the release you are using right now?

Out of the release notes:

Module: WSM6, WSM7, SI-4G and SI-4G-SSL

Symptom: A ServerIron may cause a real server port getting stuck in slow-start mode in certain cases when the real server port's state is changing from the SUSPECT state to the ACTIVE state. One of the cases where a real server port changes from the SUSPECT state to the ACTIVE state is where the master port is in a track group.

The fix is part of 9.5.02r, 10.2.01h and 11.0.00b

Contributor

Hmmm... this would fit to the problem I am seeing - let me try to do an upgrade tomorrow. I am using 10.2.01d - will let you know about the result.

Contributor

I have done an upgrade to the latest 10.2.01 release - it is running without a problem now. Thanks for your help.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.