Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

Multiple ISP Setup

Hi All

I have a Serveriron GT and want to utlilize it for Link Banlacing of Multiple ISP connections

Would I be able to do this in GT Series or is it only supported in ServerIron XL (Link Balancer)

I think XL is End of Sales now, Is there any alternate to it now? , Would the ADX Support it.

Thanks and Regards

Kashif Zarif

External Moderator

Re: Multiple ISP Setup

Hi,

I'm not a Big expert with this equipment.... see this note below, but show to me this is supported.

If no, so please ignore this Post.

Configuring Basic Multi-Zone FWLB
Figure 6.1 shows an example of a basic multi-zone FWLB configuration. In this example, each ServerIron is in a
separate zone:
• ServerIron Zone1-SI is in zone 1. By default, zone 1 contains all IP addresses that are not members of other,
user-configured zones. You can explicitly configure zone 1 but you do not need to. In the CLI configuration
example for this configuration, zone 1 is not configured. ServerIron Zone1-SI contains zone definitions for
zone 2 (the DMZ zone) but not for zone 1 or zone 3.
• ServerIron Zone2-SI is in zone 2 (the “DMZ” zone in this example). Zone 2 contains IP addresses in the
range 209.157.25.0/24 – 209.157.25.255/24. This ServerIron contains configuration information for zone 3
(the internal network zone) but does not contain definitions for zone 1 (the external network zone) or zone 2
(the DMZ zone itself).
• ServerIron Zone3-SI is in zone 3 (the “internal network” zone in the example). Zone 3 contains IP addresses
in the range 209.157.23.0/24 – 209.157.23.255/24. This ServerIron contains configuration information for
zone 2 (the DMZ zone) but does not contain definitions for zone 1 (the external network zone) or zone 3 (the
internal network zone itself).
When one of the ServerIrons receives traffic whose destination IP address is in another zone, the ServerIron selects

a path for the traffic based on the zone the destination IP address is in. For example, if a client on the
Internet sends traffic addressed to a server in zone 2, ServerIron Zone1-SI selects a path that sends the traffic
through a firewall to ServerIron Zone2-SI, which forwards the traffic to the server. (ServerIron Zone2-SI can be
configured to load balance traffic across multiple servers or can simply be used as a Layer 2 switch to forward the
traffic to the server.)
When ServerIron Zone2-SI forwards the server’s reply to the client, the ServerIron selects a path to ServerIron
Zone1-SI. ServerIron Zone2-SI knows the traffic goes to zone 1 because the destination IP address of the traffic
is not in its own sub-net (zone 2) or in zone 3.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks

Let me go through this.

Super Contributor

I do not beleive that "link load balancing" is supported on GTE nor ADX.- only on the now end of live XL.

Super Contributor

FWLB = FireWall Load Balaning, so will not do what he needs sorry.

External Moderator

mschipp,

as said,

1. Apr 15, 2010 1:47 AM  in response to: kashif.zarif

Hi,
I'm not a Big expert with this equipment.... see this note below, but show to me this is supported.

If no, so please ignore this Post.

TechHelp24
Contributor

Thanks Everyone

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.