Application Delivery (ADX)

Contributor

GSLB configuration: How to apply policy for a particular domain

I need to apply a different policy (specifically a different order for determining the best server) for www.test.com doman as opposed to my other domains. I have a global policy defined. How can I achive this

Occasional Contributor

Re: GSLB configuration: How to apply policy for a particular domain

There are two level of policies available which you can use:- global and host-level policies.

The  global policy and the host-level policies are two independent policies, so each  one is a self-contained policy

Example:

You have  three domains:

www.foo.com

www.xyz.com

www.test.com

The  default global policy has the metric-order containing a set of  metrics:

Health-check

<some  other metrics>

Tie-breaker

By  default, each of the above domains will be associated with the global policy.  Now you want to change the metrics and metric-order only for domain www.test.com- say you  want the metric-order to be geographic followed by tie-breaker. you can either  change the global policy but this will also affect the other two domains or you  can configure a host-level policy with the metric-order geographic tie-breaker  and attach it to www.xyz.com.

So  host-level policies give you added granularity to control metrics, their order  and other parameters at the domain level and will be defined similar to global  policy.

Hope  this helps

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.