Application Delivery (ADX)

New Contributor

Estimating SSL CPS/TPS for ADX sizing

Hi folks.  I find nothing on this subject in the Wiki's nor forum posts, but I'm sure someone has had to do this:  How can I estimate/measure SSL TPS and CPS for a webinar 'broadcast,' specifically using Adobe Connect?

We are movingup from SI450's to the ADX line in part to enable SSL offload for our Connect sessions.  I'm having difficulty getting information from Connect itself (different group, expertise problem), but I have decent BW use stats from the servers and decent attendee numbers, so I'm hoping I can at least back into the SSL numbers.  I don't want to undersize the ADX for this purpose but there's a significant price jump between the 1000 and the 4000.

Any suggestions welcome!

Paul

Super Contributor

Re: Estimating SSL CPS/TPS for ADX sizing

is this for the SI450 or the ADX?  If ADX look at the attached pic of the traffic stats from the GUI.

If on th SI450 then I think you need do 'show sessions all' - cannot remember if you need to ssh to the BP to do the command.

Thanks

Michael.

New Contributor

For the ADX, which we are getting ready to order - I need to know which one to order, and hence need how to judge SSL TPS/CPS without the GUI.

Occasional Contributor

Paul, did you get an answer on this? If not, do you have a guestimate of the potential range of TPS or CPS you need and will grow into over the next year or two? If you can provide that I can help you with the sizing.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.