Application Delivery (ADX)

New Contributor
sshankar

Compatibility of SI 450 with SI GT E-2 Router

Currently we run the SI GT E-2 router in a redundant mode. We dont have a hardware replacement support for either of the boxes. Say if the primary LB dies, then can we use a SI 450 in place of SI GT E-2 router ? Does SI 450 have the same functionality of the SI GT E-2 router ? How abt the SSL support on it? How about the VRRPE, can it compatible to run on different models of pair ?

Contributor
Kono

Re: Compatibility of SI 450 with SI GT E-2 Router

module configuration must be matching when you form HA.

if you run with switch code, HA will not work when the number of your BP is different.

However, if you run with router code, it will work without session synchronization support. i.e. SI450 has 2 BP where GTE has 1, 2, or 3 BP depending of model.

Note that forming HA with different H/W platform is not officially supported. But, you don't have support, maybe you don't care.VRRPE does not have different H/W check capability.

For ssl/vrrpe support, if you would not care for session-sync, I would say it is okay.

If you want to continue this discussion, paste "show version" for both SI 450 in place of SI GT E-2 router, then I can give you more.

Thanks.

//Kono

New Contributor
sshankar

Dear Kono,

Thanks for the reply,

Please find the show version logs of SI 450 and SI GT E-2 Router

Contributor
Kono

your SI 450 is missing line card, but if you have J-BxGC16 card, it is okay.

>Say if the primary LB dies, then can we use a SI 450 in place of SI GT E-2 router ?

Yes.

>Does SI 450 have the same functionality of the SI GT E-2 router ?

Yes, that is true.

>How abot the SSL support on it?

Yes, you have ssl support.

>How about the VRRPE, can it compatible to run on different models of pair ?

your model is not different if you install same line card. if you install line card, your SI 450 will become SI GT E-2 Router.

Note that WXM11000g on your SI 450 is switch code where WXR10201q is router code. You need to copy WXR10201q to your pc and upgrade your SI 450 to WXR10201q.

Upgrading procedure is not trivial if you did not do it before. I recommend you to read release note.

Thanks.

//Kono

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.