Application Delivery (ADX)

N/A

After delting Server iron, with no server iron cmd, i am not able to make the same server.

Hello,

Dear Brocade engineers, i am working on ServerIron ADX 1000, I have made server real with its name and ip address. I delete the server iron with command <no server real <realserver name> and due to some reason i tried to make it again, but i am facing the following error: "Server <realserver name> in shutdown state, cannot configure"

If any body comes accross with same error then kindly share your views and opinion and solution as well.

Regards Muhammad Ahmed.

Contributor

Re: After delting Server iron, with no server iron cmd, i am not able to make the same server.

That is not an error from my point of view.

In order to secure existing connection, you need to wait for two minutes at maximum before deleted real server completely un-bound from VIP.

"Port holddown timer" section at SLB guide will give you some explanation about this.

Thanks.

//Kono

Contributor

Re: After delting Server iron, with no server iron cmd, i am not able to make the same server.

I have 'server force-delete' enabled and mine has been stuck in AWD (await-shutdown) for over 10 minutes... 

Does this mean I need to reboot it to get it removed from memory?

New Contributor

I had the same problem the other day... Real servers that were removed stuck in AWD and I have server force-delete enabled.  I was about to reload the ADX but then decided to comepltely remove all the real servers that were associated with virtual IP.

Luckily this ADX was in a test environment and we could do that without issue.  

After removing the real servers and adding them back it let me recreate the virtual server.  This seems like a bug and would be very bad to happen in a production environment.

Join the Community

Get quick and easy access to valuable resource designed to help you manage your Brocade Network.